Motorbase’s Sam Tordoff took his first pole position of the year ahead of West Surrey Racing’s Ricky Collard!
It has been a tough year for Tordoff who lies 11th in the championship but he now has a very good chance to score some valuable points tomorrow. Tordoff’s teammate Tom Chilton starts just behind in 3rd. This is the first pole position for a Focus RS since Tim Harvey at Silverstone in 1990!
Splitting the two Ford Focus RS’ is the unlikely BMW of Ricky Collard! Ricky, who is still replacing his dad, came within 0.018 seconds of his maiden pole position. Teammate Andrew Jordan is starting in 5th position but championship leader Colin Turkington will start a lowly 18th!
Jack Goff starts a strong 4th for Eurotech and isn’t out of the championship just yet. Another driver who is not out of the championship yet is Adam Morgan who starts 9th ahead of Goff’s teammate Brett Smith.
The Top 10:
- Sam Tordoff- Motorbase Ford
- Ricky Collard- West Surrey Racing
- Tom Chilton- Motorbase Ford
- Jack Goff- Eurotech Honda
- Andrew Jordan- West Surrey Racing
- Matt Neal- Halfords Yuasa Racing
- Matt Simpson- Simpson Racing
- Aiden Moffat- Laser Tools Racing
- Adam Morgan- Ciceley Motorsport
- Brett Smith- Eurotech Honda